Fitology - Simple yet Effective Fitness

Early this year a fellow industry mate decided to setup a new fitness establishment by the name of Fitology, with a Fitlosophy of Effective Fitness, Made Simple, delivered via their signature program called Fitology 360 - Fitness, Detoxify, Sports Therapy, Nourishment, all IN ONE.


Here's how it works;

360° fitness programme covers the key elements of physical wellness under one roof:
Step One: Exercise; for cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength
Step Two: Far Infrared Sauna; for detoxification, boosting metabolism and tissue repair
Step Three: Delicious Smoothies; for nourishment
Step Four: Sports Therapy: for flexibility and restoring balance to your musculo-skeletal system

 Source: Fitology

I was honored a trial session of the Fitology 360. Let me share my experience with you.

Step One: The Fitology 360 program's step one is a 30 minute personal training. My assigned personal trainer was my fellow friend, Bruce whom I know previously know from the old gym I was training at, he's a real nice soft spoken trainer, one of the most down to earth trainers that I know.

Fitology is equipped with 5 machines - Marpo V250 Rope Trainer, Ab Coaster, Jacobs Ladder, Arc Trainer and a water rowing machine. Some of these machines may sound foreign to you, so do drop by Fitology to check them out.

 Jacobs Ladder

Started the session with warm up and joint mobility exercises, I was then put on a 3 round circuit that consist of 30 seconds of rope pulling down, 60 seconds of pulling up on the V250 rope trainer, 10 repetitions on the Ab Coaster, 45 seconds on the Jacob's Ladder and 1 minute of rowing. The workout was scaled just nice for me considering I got only 4 hours of sleep the night before and neglecting my cardio training and have only been lifting weights wasn't helpful either.

Marpo V250 Rope Trainer

Step Two: After the workout, I was introduced to the FIR Thermal System. It's the detoxifying session. It is said that any toxin accumulations in our body will be flushed out through sweating while using the FIR Thermal System.

It was also a 30 minutes session, any longer than 30 minutes is not recommended for safety purposes. Towards the last 10 minutes I felt dizzy inside the FIR Thermal System. It's said to be normal as our body is going through physiological changes. During the 30 minutes, I was also advised to keep hydrating myself by drinking water while staying inside the FIR Thermal System. I consumed about 1 litre of water in that 30 minutes.

The FIR Thermal System was placed inside a air-conditioned room. So the best part was when 30 minutes was up, opening the door and stepping out of the machine, into the air-conditioned room. Heaven!

Step Three: I was served a smoothie by Bruce! They have 3 types of smoothie for you to choose for different purposes - detox, re-energizing and fat burn. It was really refreshing to gulp down a icy cold smoothie after a workout and a detox session.

Step Four: I was introduced to Nizam, the masseur from Bali. He's not your usual therapist who will massage you from step A to Z ala standard operation procedure style. He somehow have the 6th sense, knowing which are he needs to work depending on your body. Nizam had a spot on when he said I have stomach problem. He did not even ask me anything. The 1 hour session was focused on my tight shoulders and lower back, and a therapeutic massage to fix my stomach problem. Trust me, I went to Fitology with a bloated feeling on my stomach, after my massage session with Nizam, the bloated feeling was no longer there. 

The whole Fitology 360 session takes up about 2 hours - 30 minutes of personal training, 30 minutes of detox and 1 hour of massage. On my humble Beurer PM40 heart rate monitor, it shows that 548 calories was burned from the 30 minutes personal training session and 30 minutes detox session.

Overall the Fitology 360 is a great program for the general population, especially those who hates hardcore workout at the gym, this program is for you. Simple, but effective. If you think 2 hours is too time consuming for you, you may opt for Fitology Express sessions that consist of 30 minutes personal training, 30 minutes detox in the FIR Thermal System and finishing the session with a smoothie. Equally effective as well in my opinion. But of course, don't expect the magic pill for a quick fix.

Besides, what I like about the machines used at Fitology is that they do not restrict natural movement. Those who have worked with me will know I'm a fitness professional who advocate the use of equipments that promotes strong functional movement, you know how much I avoid machine based exercises that doesn't promote functional movement.

If you are around Bangsar area, do drop by to visit Fitology at Jalan Riong off Jalan Maarof. Not to be confused with Jalan Riong near NST though. See the map below.

Comments