Consciously Avoiding Sugar

It started as an experiment for my own body, and I've been avoiding sugar consciously since May this year. Refined sugar to be exact. Basically what I do is not to add a single drop of sugar into my coffee, tea and any other food that I prepare myself. That includes no brown sugar.

And the results has been great, I feel more energetic than I was before.

However 5 days ago, I decided that I wanted to have a cup of teh tarik at the mamak store. The result that took place was feeling sloppy and drowsiness within 45 minutes after I finished my cup of teh tarik. Not convinced, 2 days ago I repeated the same thing, and the same result took place. I did not enjoy my cup of teh tarik either, I find them too sweet to my liking.


I came to a conclusion that there is no need for me to add sugar into my food anymore. And honestly, even now chocolates doesn't taste as good as before. I find them very sweet.

Being said that, there are times where I cannot avoid consuming food with added sugar when I eat outside. For instance, most of the local malay food ( and yes, I love the local malay food more than the chinese food ) such as sambal, masak merah recipe are added with a lot of sugar for some reasons. Other than that, I do not add a single drop of sugar into my food and drinks.

You could give this sugar fasting a try and see how much more energetic you will feel.

Comments